Erwin Sattler Classica Secunda 1985 Modern Precision Pendulum Clock
Where the high point of traditional clock - making meets timeless design. The classic among precision clocks is an example of exclusive wall art for any room.
- Case and pendulum identical to those of the Classica Secunda 1995
- Achievable accuracy of one to two seconds per month
- 13 coats of varnish and interim polishing by hand refine the case
- 30-day power reserve
- Gold-plated components inside the clock
The refined version of the precision 1935 model, manufactured over 600 times, is the perfect embellishment for an office, foyer or living room. Its classic design combined with the technical expertise of the Erwin Sattler clock-making manufacture turns the Classica Secunda 1985 into a versatile lifestyle accessory.
This pendulum clock is also an extremely accurate timepiece, maintaining a maximum accuracy deviation of one to two seconds per month. A weight running down the side allows a power reserve of 30 days. The fine gear wheel teeth and the use of ball or jewel bearings for all turning parts ensure a service life lasting for many generations. The slight changes in the length of the Super Invar pendulum rod, which are caused by temperature, are counterbalanced by a precisely calculated, freely swinging compensation tube. Three bevelled glass panes allow a fascinating view of some of the Classica Secunda 1985’s internal secrets. An additional window in the top allows light to illuminate the movement from above. The clock’s plates, pillars, pallet bridges and cocks, gear wheels, guide rollers and chatons are milled and turned in small-batch series in the manufacture. Many components are finished by hand and decorated with gold-plating. The winding crank, fine adjustment weights and additional accessories are hidden in a compartment in the bottom of the case. The attention to detail that goes into the manufacture of the Classica Secunda 1985 makes it a functional yet beautiful object, which will be treasured for a very long time.
- CASEHEIGHT: 145 CM, WIDTH: 37 CM, DEPTH: 18 CM
- CRYSTALSBEVELLED MINERAL GLASS
- MOVEMENTSATTLER CALIBRE 1955-5
- POWER RESERVE30 DAYS
- DRIVEWEIGHT 3,000 G WITH PULLEY
- OSCILLATORINVAR PENDULUM Ø 12 MM, TEMPERATURE AND AIR-PRESSURE COMPENSATION FROM 5 ANEROID CAPSULES WITH AIR PRESSURE DISPLAY IN MM/HG
- BALL BEARINGS7 PRECISION BALL BEARINGS
- JEWEL BEARINGS9 IN SCREWED-IN CHATONS, 2 AGATE ANCHOR PALLETS
- DIALSILVER-PLATED, ENGRAVED
We recommend professional installation. Installation is included in the purchase price within 100 miles of Princeton, NJ. Inquire about our national and international installation rates.
All Erwin Sattler models are manufactured to order by hand. Please expect a 4-6 weeks delivery time frame.
We Also Recommend
Erwin Sattler Rotalis 3 - High Precision iOS/Android Programmable Watch Winder
Erwin Sattler Mechanica M4 Exclusive DIY kit for Modern Precision Pendulum Clock
Erwin Sattler Limited Edition Skeleton Table Clock by Audi Design